One of the nine planets of astrological significance, the powerful planet Ketu does not have a physical presence of its own. It is merely a shadow planet.
The planet is considered to be the most mysterious planet of them all. Also known as “Moksha Karaka”, planet Ketu is believed to be the indicator of liberation.
It has the power to bring enlightenment, bliss and it also prevents one from taking rebirth when it is placed in the 12th House in the chart.
Someone who has been blessed by Ketu will be able to enjoy excellent healing abilities and psychic powers. However, on the negative side, such a person can have ghost related illnesses and fears.
Cat’s eye is the stone to nullify the ill effects of planet Ketu. Rather than this Lord Ganesha plays a vital role in reducing the ill effect of planet Ketu
A favorable Ketu is said to bring immense knowledge, spirituality as well as luxury, and much more. But if someone is facing the negative effects of an unfavorable Ketu placement in their birth chart, then praying to Lord Ganesha may help as Ketu’s overlord is Lord Ganesha.
Ketu is the planet of obstruction, Lord Ganesha is the deity of Ketu, one should worship lord Ganesha to overcome obstacle created by Ketu.
The significance of Worshiping Lord Ganesha:
- Lord Ganesha appearance is unique as he has an elephant’s head and his pot belly is a sign of prosperity.
- Offering sindoor to Lord Ganesha on Wednesday can help you in eradicating all your grief, pain and suffering.
- The worship of Lord Ganesh brings good fortune to one’s personal and professional life.
- Activates the Adnya Chakra of the devotee.
- Financial difficulties are resolved easily by performing Ganesh pooja and one can gain great success in their business.
- This pooja helps one become wise and knowledgeable.
- Lord Ganesha gives benefits for people who want career growth.
The Relation between Cat’s Eye and Planet Ketu
Ketu can bring positive as well as negative influence in anyone’s life. This powerful astrological planet, when placed unfavorably, can bring a lot of problems in the life of the native. By wearing cat’s eye gemstone, one can combat the ill effects of Ketu.
The Cat’s Eye gemstone is commonly known as Lehsunia. The gem is a radiant stone which is related to the shadow planet Ketu. According to Vedic Astrology, this gemstone represents the powers of Ketu.
If a person’s horoscope demands cat’s eye gemstone to protect the native from the evil effects of Ketu, then it must be done after consultation with a renowned and experienced astrologer.
The gemstone is believed to bring many materialistic comforts for the wearer to enjoy. With better luck and good fortune, one can enjoy more wealth after wearing this gem and strengthen Ketu’s placement in the birth chart.
If a person is emotionally unstable, then also the gemstone brings positive results and helps the person to be a mentally and emotionally strong being.
Besides this, the stone also prevents accidents and helps one to overcome weaknesses of all kinds.
Apart from the rest of the cat’s eye benefits, the cat’s eye gemstone also provides various healing benefits to the wearer.
The gemstone is said to provide the much-needed relief in conditions like leukemia and even in paralysis. Those who have genetic diseases can also be cured with the help of this gemstone.
It is believed that the cat’s eye gemstone especially helps doctors, writers, poets, scholars, directors, architects, judges and peoples in business the most.
Remedies for Ketu
There are several ways through which negative Ketu can be rectified and you can bring the positive effects from the planet.
Here are some of the remedies that you can try for treating malefic Ketu in your horoscope:
- One should worship the overlord or the ruling deity of planet Ketu, Lord Ganesha
- If possible, then keep fast on Thursdays
- Wear a 9 Mukhi Rudraksha
- Wear a natural and genuine Cat’s Eye gemstone
- Donate black or blue blanket, wool and/or mustard oil on Saturdays
- Don’t borrow money for donating things to strengthen Ketu
- Donate sweets to homeless children
- Avoid wearing red and coral colored clothes and jewelry
- Care for dogs and try to offer shelter to the street dogs
- Keep a silver ball in your wallet or purse whenever you go to work
- Drink milk with saffron in it
- You can also apply saffron tilak mixed with raw milk
- Wearing gold can also help if the Ketu is very bad
- When you wear a gold pendant, make sure that the thread is yellow or grey in color
- Believe in spirituality and do spiritual deeds to combat the bad effects of Ketu
- Wearing yellows and whites could help, avoid wearing greys
- Avoid trusting others as you can easily get deceived if Ketu is negative
- You can also wear a silver bracelet to get rid of the anxiety that this planet has brought to your life
- Donate sugar, or food made from jaggery and/or products that grow under the ground, e.g. groundnuts to your friends as a negative Ketu may make it difficult for you to make good friends with ease